The vine is crying, it comes out of its sleep, some sap come out of the ends of past year branches. Buds are emerging and new branches begin to form and it is the birth of the leaves. In the vineyard, plants are growing quickly and needs are divers. It's time to:
- Trait: the vine is entering a period of great sensitivity because the branches are young and tender. Also, if the weather is rainy, conditions are favorable for disease development (mildew and powdery mildew mainly).
- Plant young plants to replace the dead stumps.
- "Unshoe" in order to clear the durt around the vines. It is a way of weeding without chemicals.
- Disbud: this is to remove unnecessary buds and remove the unproductive young shoots.
- Topping: cut ends of branches to strengthen them. Several passages are necessary during the spring and summer.
- Palisser in order to maintain the vines branches up by keeping them between 2 pairs of son.
L'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé. Sachez le consommer avec modération!